Tuesday, November 21, 2006
I'm not scared of roaches

Roaches.

I'm not scared of them, but I do jump in my seat everytime I see one.

I'm not scared of them, but hate it when they fly towards me after trying to kill it with an insecticide.

I'm not scared of them, but the mere fact that they're one heck of a dirty organism and seeing them crawling inside the house gives me the creeps (at syempre mapapraning ka na nagkakalat na sila ng germs sa buong kabahayan!)

I thought it was the closest encounter that I would have with roaches. But that was before I have my Entomology class. Last Thursday, our Entom lab exercise required us to draw a cockroach by copying a preserved one. Thankfully it's already dead and does not have the opportunity to fly or crawl along my arms. And just this afternoon, we had the privilege of seeing a roach's insides aka its nervous, digestive, circulatory and excretory organs. Kewl noh? Well, yeah. Quite. But not as interesting as to dissecting a frog or a cat. And what's bad about dissecting a roach is you'll have to get used to its distinct roachy odor. *shiver*

Well, yes. I'm not scared of roaches. BUT its better if they're dead and pinned on a paraffin coated pan than crawling or flying inside your house.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket








Powered by: Blogger
Illustration by:Wai
design by: girliebits.